creativeLIVE Schedule & Gear Giveaways!
OK here we go! This coming Friday through Sunday promises to be a very exciting 72 hours! As most of you who read the blog know – we will be shooting and broadcasting live on web the second part of our creativeLIVE HDDLSLR workshop titled “HDDSLR – Moving From Still to Video with Vincent Laforet”
The workshop will be broadcast free during that 72 hour period and go on sale thereafter.
We will also be giving away an insane amount of gear during the workshop – to be eligible to win it – all you need to do is to follow @creativelive and @vincentlaforet on twitter – that’s it! We’ll send everyone more details as we get ready to give stuff away.
For those of you who took part in the first workshop a little under a year ago – here’s how this workshop will differ from that one. The first workshop focused heavily on gear and theory. We did a little bit of shooting and a quick edit. This workshop will flip that around – we’ll focus a bit on some new gear, and on some other important things you need to know prior to any shoot. But most of our time will be spent actually shooting. We’ll discuss a little theory of course – but ON SET and DURING a shoot. We will also devote a good chunk of the first day to workflow – both with Apple’s Final Cut Studio and Adobe’s CS5 suite, from ingest to output – and even backup – something a lot of this blog’s readers have been clamoring for for awhile!
See below for a list of what we’re giving away (all you need to do is follow @vincentlaforet and @creativelive to have a chance to win – there is no need to purchase anything of course.) Below that you will find out syllabus for the workshop. I hope you can join us online! See you in a few days!
FULL SCHEDULE (all times PST)
DAY 1 (Friday March 4): (ALL TIMES Pacific Stand Time)
10:00am PART I (90 min of 2hrs)
- My 5 top HDDSRL Configurations and their specific uses
- New Gear that’s been released since April 2010.
11:30 break (15 min)
11:45am Finish Part 1 (30 minutes)
12:15pm PART II (90 minutes)
- The Importance of Pre-production no matter the size of your production
- Production Needs and Considerations – we’ll make sure you’re ready to face any potential you should expect to face on any video production.
1:45 Lunch (45 minutes)
2:30pm PART III (90 min of 2 hours)
- Workflow (iMovie, FCP, Premiere, MPEG Streamclip, Color and a quick look at After Effects)
- Data Management and Distribution
4:15pm Part III (Finish 30 min)
5:00ish End of Day
DAY TWO (Saturday March 5):
10:00 am DOCUMENTARY WORKSHOP
- Shoot a short documentary piece as an introduction to the building blocks of any motion piece. We’ll discuss some fundamental
- basic camera shots
- basic camera moves
- basic shooting techniques
11:30am Break (15 minutes)
11:45am DOCUMENTARY WORKSHOP (Sit down interview + live subject/B-Roll shoot)
1:15pm Lunch (45 min)
2:00 pm DOCUMENTARY WORKSHOP (con’t)
3:00pm Break (15min)
3:15pm Edit the final documentary w/ EDITOR (2 hours)
- We will sit down with an editor and go through an edit, demonstrating how all of our shots fit and work together. This will include lining up audio and workflow on Adobe Premiere CS5.
5:30ish – End of Day
DAY THREE (sunday March 6 :
10:00am - CINEMATIC WORKSHOP
- we will workshop a short narrative scene, delving into greater detail behind the basic building blocks we learned in Day two and how they are used to tell a story in a narrative piece.
- Shooting Rules
- Optimized shoot schedule (i.e. shooting things non-linearly to save time.)
11:30am break (15min)
1:00pm Lunch (45 Min)
1:45pm CINEMATIC WORKSHOP (con’t)
3:00 Break (15min)
3:15pm EDIT the final piece w/ EDITOR with Apple’s Final Cut Studio 2 hours
- We will sit down with an editor and go through an edit, demonstrating how all of our shots fit and work together.
5:30ish – End of Day